- Simple. A simple message binds all content.
- Visual. A picture is worth thousand words.
- Minimal. Images and words to communicate ideas, not bedazzle your senses.
Our Design Choices.
- digital comic book format.
- small panels, for easy reading in smartphones, and quick absorption.
- a minimalist vector style for crisp and purposeful images.
- use existing ebook apps, such as kindle, iBooks and google books.
The Lilboox Mahabharata: A Case Study.
- Purposeful. Our 6 part series on Mahabharata focuses on two threads – the geopolitical context of the key kingdoms in early India, the personal drives of the key characters.
- Simple. Stories that do not contribute to our understanding of the key characters, or the key kingdoms, have been eliminated. That includes many back stories, diversions and subplots that makes this epic rich, but does not contribute to the purpose of our adaptation.
- Authentic. Stories and details that are not supported by the Critical Edition of the text have been eliminated.
- Visual Aids. Each character has unique visual traits, such as their style of hair, color of dress, and unique necklaces that help the reader navigate this giant epic. The colors of each kingdom, the facades of each city, are unique.
- Maps. There are many maps, but none with more information than what is needed to convey.